Taking stellar adventures to an unprecedented level
Supporting healing and respawn gameplay features
- Orison Hospital - Orison Hospital and New Babbage Hospital were the first hospital mandates shipped by the Montreal team.
- Space Clinics MedRoom - One of the MedRooms available to players looking to respawn and treat their injuries in the various rest stops.
- The lobby of New Babbage Hospital. Upper floors are where players can go to treat their injuries and also respawn. Getting killed has never been so comfortable!
- GrimHex MedRoom - One of the available medical rooms in the GrimHex facility. Not the most sanitized environment, but beggars can’t be choosers!
- Maria Pure of Heart MedRoom - One of the medical rooms located in the upper wards of Lorville Hospital, where players can respawn after death and treat their injuries.
- Maria Pure of Heart Concept - An early concept for the Lorville Hospital lobby area.
- Area 18 Hospital - This hospital location offers similar gameplay loops to previous released locations: the ability to respawn, treat injuries, purchase life insurance and more. Its distinctive palette and architecture fit right in with Area 18 LZ.
- Area 18 Hospital Wards - The upper floor of the Empire Health Service medical facility, complete with a nurses' station and wards with multiple medical rooms ready to welcome patients.
Discovering worlds through crash site adventures
- This early concept art of a derelict spaceship used as a centerpiece for makeshift settlements offers a great starting point for introducing more complex gameplay elements on planet surfaces.
Conceptualizing a variety of characters with an interplanetary scope
- Invent creatures and factions.
- Imagine a universe.
- Create real-time characters.
- Make multiple customizations.
Building the game verse one brand at a time
- Our annual blockbuster event: The Intergalactic Aerospace Expo.
- Microtech making an impression on New Babbage.
- Drake always makes a statement at its DefenseCon event.
- Welcome to the habitats of Orison, the Greencircle.
Tech artists and tools programmers innovate to take game development to the next level
The Mighty Bridge Tool
Using procedural generation to serve the Persistent Universe
- Space stations generated through Mighty Bridge, which uses Houdini and modules to create layouts, gameplay elements, overlays and more!
- The Houdini simulation tool allows for the automation of a ship's destruction. The process is used to create crash sites in-game.
- Clothes - Generate a tarp according to the topography of the elements.
- Cables - Easily create placement cables in level structures.
- Railclone - Quickly place objects along a line.
- Stacker - Automatic placement for objects that can be stacked on top of one another.
An Editor in Continuous Improvement
Enhancing game development with evolving tools and experiences
Building the backbone of the Star Citizen universe
Distributed services for multiplayer game features
Providing the heart of Star Citizen experience
- VoIP/FoIP: Face over IP, which aims to provide unparalleled immersion, allows players to synchronize face movements with their avatar via webcam.
- Reputation: What you do matters. The interactions players have with other entities in the game affect their reputation.
Turbulent developers lay down the ban hammer with Epic's Easy Anti-cheat. Defend the player experience!
We translate the core backbone into user friendly Tools that help make better game experiences
Discover an Hexcellent tool, dedicated to the player’s Hexperience!
- From large amounts of data, Hex's Network operation center enables surgically finding the detail you're looking for.
- Split your screen in up to 3 panes to be able to visualize a maximum of data at the same time and make comparisons
- Players' inventories, ledgers, reputations and much more Hexciting features!
- Explore Star Citizen's underlying tool galaxy
Since its creation in 2020, Turbulent Games has grown to become a solid team with more than 45 experts.
The team has already shipped 4 major Star Citizen patches and integrated Houdini into the editor, drastically changing the game development experience in the process.
Exciting gameplay features added
To date, 5 major hospitals, 12 clinics and 12 planetside crashsites have been released to players.